You may have struggled with slow metabolism all your life, but there is no point blaming your genes. With just a few switches in diet and routine, you can speed up your metabolism in no time and get your body to burn off those calories a lot faster. Simple things like changing food habits, and hitting the gym a few times a week are enough to boost the metabolism once again. So whether it has been passed down for generations, or it is getting affected by age, you can now speed up your metabolism in just a few easy ways.
- High intensity interval training involves ramping up the intensity of your workout for short bursts of approximately 30 seconds before returning to your normal speed and repeating the cycle again. This allows the body to consume more oxygen and thus burns off the calories more rapidly.
- Green tea, renowned for its antioxidant and catechin contents, is a great way to crank up the metabolism in no time. Drinking 4 to 5 cups of green tea a day has been found to boost your metabolism by as much as 90%. So drink up!
- If you have been ignoring weights at the gym, no wonder you aren’t burning off the calories. Don’t mistake weight training for just a body building exercise. Development of lean muscle in the body is just what you need to ensure a speedy metabolic rate.
- Consuming plenty of organic, pesticide free fruits and vegetables keeps the toxins out of the body and away from the thyroid. Remember to add plenty of organic fruits and vegetables to your daily diet to keep up your calorie burning capabilities.
- Having 6 to 7 small meals in a day not only keeps your stomach satisfied, but also keeps your metabolism up and running all day long. Multiple meals of about 300 calories each is what you need to stay on top of the game. You can even try nibbling on nuts or drinking fresh, cold pressed juices to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
Detoxing regularly at least once every week with one day detox, flushes the toxins out of the body. It helps in maintaining the overall wellness of the body, and speeds up your metabolism . Treat your body with this amazing experience here. Check out our other detox cleanse foods and diet plans here.
Zoe – Nutrition For Life: A Nutrition-first Food and Beverage Brand That Delivers Fresh and Healthy Products at Your Door Steps in India, United States, United Kingdom and Canada.